Why join the APCC?
- Opportunities to meet and connect with people: “People” want to know your organization and business services, ultimately people want to “know you” and not just “about” you. Chambers of Commerce are membership driven organizations in support and promotion of your business relationships.
- Chambers create opportunities to network with people that have similar goals and concerns in serving Avon Park and the Highlands County region.
- As a noted member of our directory, on social media platforms and other event publications, members gain important visibility and brand strengthening.
- Google and other popular search engines recognize Chambers as reputable sites in key word searches and SEO (search engine optimization).
- Members are given business referrals and can sponsor events that assist them with their public relations efforts, visibility, branding and marketing efforts.
- APCC helps to promote a business’ voice with local, regional governments and business communities.
- As a member of your local US Chamber of Commerce you are: associated with a historical United States business organization. The Avon Park Chamber of Commerce was established in 1904 and is aligned with credibility and positive community visibility.
- Statistics show that when consumers know that a small business is a member of their local chamber of commerce, they are 44% more likely to think favorably of it and 63% more likely to purchase goods or services from that company.
Chamber Lite - Be in the know. Observe from afar. If you provide face to face sales of a product or service, this level keeps you in the know through the newsletter and Eblast. Artisan vendors or Direct Sales companies, this level serves you.
Chamber Guest - You are welcomed here. Whether you are a Nonprofit or Sole Proprietor, this level provides access to all members with basic services provided by the APCC. We will help make connections for the continued growth of your business.
Chamber Friend - Stay awhile. This level of engagement is more than casual, you provide a level of ‘works’ for the Chamber that is critical to being rooted locally. At this level, you are invited to sponsor our Monthly Networking Luncheons, to share your products and services. The exchange between this level of membership and the Chamber helps to grow your business network and gain from the expertise of the partnerships invested locally. You will have the opportunity to seek wisdom collectively from the Chamber and other members. Your organization will be recognized on all Social media platforms as a Chamber Friend.
Community Partner - We are in this together. By investing in your local Chamber of Commerce, you are investing in your community. The dollars collected are used for many services above and beyond the incentives offered to you. As the “Welcome Center” for our community, you provide information and services to the residents and visitors to our city. We serve as a point of contact for tourists, an information center for residents, and a help center for community organizations to gain vital information and partnerships to achieve their goals. The Chamber also helps to celebrate our community and business milestones. We assist with grand opening events, ribbon cutting ceremonies, relocation and expansion projects, community events, scholarships for students, economic development, workforce, and tourist development initiatives. The contacts and connections through your Chamber office and by becoming a member at this level are endless.
Vision Partner - Your voice matters. This level allows your input to effect change. The APCC’s vision is to “Enhance the business climate & quality of life throughout our community”. By choosing to be a Vision Partner of the APCC, you are investing in the continued growth of the Avon Park community. With the fast paced world we live in, constant evaluation of how the APCC will successfully foster this vision and provide needed services and resources our business community needs, to be prosperous and successful, will be evaluated for sustained success. We will provide proper recognition for your support in our brainstorming and idea generation for future engagement of the business community.
Strategic Partner - We are side by side, your wisdom is needed to be shared. At this level, your organization strives to advance the economic programs and practices of the Chamber by assuming a leadership role in expanding the income potential of member businesses and organizations thereby maintaining a “quality environment in which to live, work, and conduct business”. A strategic partner is a partner that believes in the Chambers mission and ability to help drive the business communities’ economic success. The dues associated with this level will support the Chamber’s business plan and the advancement of the programs and services we provide. We will show proper recognition for your support in our community efforts. This level offers your business the option to sponsor events and be recognized as such. Your logo will be displayed on annual events banners, all promotional platforms and will be recognized as an economic and business contributor locally.
Investment Partner - Together, we are the Chamber. We are ‘builders’ of the community. You create an environment for conversation and action. As an Investment Partner, your input and feedback to the Chamber will be integral in our planning to fulfill our vision and strategy for economic growth. We will provide proper recognition for your support in our community efforts as well as enlist your wisdom as part of our Educational and Leadership series. This level offers your business the opportunity to invest locally and ‘serve above self’. Your logo will be displayed at events, all promotional platforms and your organization will be recognized as a Chamber builder. Your organization would be eligible to apply for a Chamber board seat as one becomes vacant. Your organization invests in the Chamber building as a historic representation of Avon Park, preserving local history. Your organization endorses the Executive Director, working hand in hand to liaise with the City and local government to build and grow the local community.
Joining the APCC is easy, you can download the application to fill out and return in person, via US mail or email. We accept cash and checks. Payment is due at the time of application. Cash payments must be made in person during business hours. You may visit the APCC office at 28 East Main St., Avon Park, Monday – Friday from 9:00 am to 4:00 pm. Checks should be made payable to the Avon Park Chamber of Commerce. All applications are subject to approval by the APCC Board of Directors, acceptance as a partner of the APCC places your business or profession under obligation to maintain quality, integrity, and ethical standards. Memberships are invoiced annually, on a June – May fiscal year.